Tuesday, March 20, 2012

That Night Must Have Been A Good Good Night!

I have never been one to run off and vacationate letting go of all my responsibilities and worries.  Most of the time for vacations I sit at home and watch an entire TV Show.  House, Buffy, Veronica Mars, How I Met Your Mother.  Yea that's kinda my life.  This year however I tried something a little different.  I went big!  I was sitting in church two weeks ago and my friend Shelley asked me if I had plans.  She then invited me to come to San Diego with her and 5 guys.  Heck yes!  My fabulous roommate Jordan also joined.  We had our group and were ready to party! Josh, Cody, Sam, Peter, Jason, Shelley, Jordan, and Me!

We left Sunday Night.  Josh had slept through the day, drank an energy drink, and taken his ADD meds so he was wide awake and drove the whole way.  Shelley, Me, and Jordan took the back seat. We were insanely squashed but we didn't mind because we were, after all, going to the best place ever!  We slept very seldomly.  We reached Vegas at like 5 in the morning and took a minute to drive the strip and take a pic in front of the sign.

Then it was on the road again.  We watched the sun rise in San Bernadino and finally drove into the city at about 10.  We were really sick of the car but were loving the city.  Skyscrapers, Taxis, Cute little shops, and then I saw it.  Right in front of us was the biggest most beautiful hotel I've ever seen!  It was a silver rounded building and on the side it said Marriott.  I was so excited when Josh pulled in.  This was our hotel??!!!  Never could I have imagined this nice of a place!  We went inside and were in awe.  People in business suits walking around and us in our T-shirts and shorts.  Out back I went into shock.  There were two pools.  The Pools were surrounded by palm trees and tanning chairs.  Out of the way in back were hot tubs.  I knew where I was going to be spending my vacation.  The first day was just resting.  We tanned and slept under the sun.  We did a little shopping because we were right by the city.  We had a very rejuvenating first day.  That night we went to a Brewery and had a fantastic dinner.  Then we all hit the sack pretty early



Day 2 brought another set of adventures.  We went to the Beach!  It was so so good!  I was the only one who played in the water but that was fine.  I also played soccer with this really cute kid Stefan!  Even got his digits.  Ah yea!  We had amazing sandwiches made by the guys and chased the seagulls away courtesy of Jason.  We stayed for a couple hours.  We buried Cody in the sand, tanned, relaxed and let our cares fly away with the breeze.  It was awesome!  Then we went back to the hotel and swam for a while.  We were all starting to get hungry so we were going to walk over to the Fish Market for dinner.  Along the coast we watched the sun set, talked to the local shop owners and took pictures.  It was a gorgeous night!  The Fish Market had a long wait so we decided to get out of the city for the night.  We drove over to the San Diego Temple and took some pictures there.

Then we went to a little set of restaurants and had whatever food we wanted.  I got pizza.  It was way good!  Back at the hotel it was time to decide what we were going to do for day 3.  It was a split decision between Knott's Berry Farm, San Diego Zoo, and Sea World.  After a lot of discussing (we decided on six flags but they were closed) we decided on Knott's Berry Farm.  I had never been there and was insanely excited.


The drive took an hour and a half but it didn't matter.  We had a blast listening to music and talking.  We arrived at the park at about noon after having lunch at Subway.  From then on we had a blast going on ride after ride.  The Xcelerator took us on a exhilarating 0-80 in 3 seconds.  The Ghostrider gave us a bumpy thrill, the Silver Bullet took us on twists and turns of all sorts.  Still my favorite ride must have been the Pony Express!  You got to ride a horse!  It was so so fun!  I went all day without stopping!  Others got tired and took breaks but not me!  I wore myself down.  So that night when we returned home all I could think about was going to sleep.  Then Cody mentioned he wanted to experience the night life of San Diego.  This was something I really wanted to do.  I was dead but agreed to go anyway.  Three of us: Josh, Cody, and I started driving around.  Then came the  energy drink.  Now folks I have only had 1 energy drink in my life before this.  Girls camp 07.  It was not a pretty picture.  I don't remember much of it.  That night was 10 times worse.  I downed it and well I'll just let you see what happened after. . .


Anyway so yea I drove with them a while, went crazy in my hotel room, laughed, cried, exposed secrets, watched Psych and eventually (4-5 AM) crashed.  The next morning I got filled in on the night.  Wow.  That is all I can say.  Such is my life I suppose.

Thursday we drove a lot!  We stopped in Vegas for dinner.  I gambled a whole dollar and lost it terribly.  I played the Ocean's 11 theme song while walking through the Bellagio, and eventually we drove home.  It was a long ride but we did make it.

Seriously it was the best vacation ever.  Fun people, fun activities, relaxing, exciting, at times a little overboard perhaps but truly "inspirational"

 

~TTP

No comments:

Post a Comment