Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dear Boys

I saw this on a Blog once and I loved the idea of it.  Here are letters to all the guys in my life.  The ones I loved, the ones I liked, and the ones I never got the chance to like.

Dear High School,
You taught me so much about life and relationships.  You gave me the butterflies in my tummy.  You gave me the giggles.  You gave me a reason to talk to my older siblings for advice.  For the first time in my life I shared a lot of feelings with a boy.  I trusted you.  We had a blast even though half the time I think we were so uncomfortable with our relationship.  Breaking up hurt more than I could bear even though I knew it was right.  Over time I thought more and more about our journey and in the end I never regretted it.
Love,
TTP

Dear Woodward,
You were my first love.  I think I can honestly say that. We had a relationship that was give and take.  We had that: will they (kiss), won't they tension that I've always wanted.  You cared about the things I cared about solely because I cared about them.  You were the reason for waking up in the morning.  You were the reason I went to class.  You were the reason I went to certain musicals.  Then I saw things I wish I hadn't.  And it hurt.  You hurt me so much and it was so hard to let go but I did and now I understand everything.  It all makes sense now.  I wish it had then.
Love,
TTP

Dear Dan,
No Dan is not your real name but you were Dan.  You were what I needed however short of time we had.  You took me on one of the best dates I've ever been on.  You were so kind to me and respected me in every way.  You were dang hot!  We were young and infatuated.  We were stupid and didn't say how we felt.   I'm glad we got to share the memories.
Love,
TTP

Dear Artemev,
Will I ever get over you?  Let's face it.  I've tried and then you creep back in and surprise me.  We get along with our wit and sarcasm.  There are even some things that we have in common.  If you could just get on board there could be a future so just get on board.  Maybe it will never work out.  Maybe I just can't be the one to grow you up.  But every time I see you or talk to you the thought just comes back.  There's been a lot of empty promises and commitments and eventually I'll give up but having you there in the back of my mind is comforting.  You are the one who got away and maybe just maybe I'll get a second chance.
Love,
TTP

Dear Rusty,
You were the second boy I loved even though I won't admit it even to myself.  We had fun.  We had laughs.  We had cries.  We went on adventures on screen and off.  We never got tired of each other.  I saw the future and it made me smile.  Then it was different.  Then it changed.  I wish there were no lies.   I wish you wanted me.  I wish I could have been different.  I wish you could have been different.  I wish we could have aligned our lives.  I still think about you.  Wish I didn't but I do.  It kills me to think of the pain we both went through.  In the back of my mind I still have that future with you and it won't turn off.
Love,
TTP

Dear Rebound,
You were everything I needed.  I screwed it up.  I know that.  If it had been a different time, a different circumstance, if I just didn't say a few things who knows.  Maybe I could have fixed myself for you.  Maybe we could have worked some things out.  But I will never regret all the fun times we had.  They were so fun!  We had so much in common.  You were great!
Love,
TTP

Dear Drive,
We'll always have Logan.
Love,
TTP

Dear Wishful Thinking,
Dang.  That is all I can say because that is what I thought about you.  You were so so attractive and sweet and smart.  You were everything I was looking for and more.  I planned our entire life together.  I knew how I felt about you.  I was perfect for you.  You were perfect for me.  We got along great!  We laughed.  We shared moments of happiness.  We liked the same music.  We connected deeper than normal.  We talked about culture, books, movies, TV.  You made fun of me at times but I knew it was all in jest.  There was only one problem.  You never asked me out.
Love,
TTP


No comments:

Post a Comment